MCGM Property Tax
In Mumbai, owners are supposed to pay their property tax to the MCGM or Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. It is also known as BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation). It follows the capital-value system and are based on factors like location, carpet area, age of construction, etc. This system is also followed while calculating PMC Tax.
Also Read: How to do PMC tax Payment
How to Pay MCGM Property Tax?
The first method of payment of MCGM Property Tax can be made by visiting the BMC citizen facilitation centers or the help centers, present across the city, at all the ward offices. Or, the owners can visit the Assistant Revenue Office to make the payment.
Also Read: How to do Tenant Police Verification in Mumbai
- Visit https://ptaxportal.mcgm.gov.in/CitizenPortal/#/login which is the official portal for MCGM Property Tax Payment Online.
- Under the CVS Login, enter your Property Account ID and the Captcha displayed. If you do not know your account ID click on the ‘Search Button’.
- Enter the required details (ward, Billing Address, Billing Name, etc) and select your respective property from the displayed list.
- After logging in, select one of the 3 options: Outstanding Bills, Receipts, and Make Payment.
- On the Outstanding Bill form, you can view the amount to be paid and you can also view the Bill and related details.
- On the bottom of the page, fill in the ‘Amount You Want to Pay’ section and proceed by clicking the ‘Online Payment ‘ option.
- After agreeing to the ‘Terms and Conditions’, select the ‘Pay Now’ option.
- After entering your payment gateway option, make the payment through Internet Banking by selecting your Bank. The payment can be made either through Net Banking or through your Debit Card.
You can get the BMC Property Tax Bill by filling in the KYC form online. Penalties can be avoided if you complete the KYC process, as you will continuously receive updates on payments due and tax bills on your registered E-mail ID.
Also Read: Impact of COVID-19 on Property Rental Market in Mumbai