Owning a house is an amazing achievement. It gives a feeling of security and satisfaction for you and your family. The excitement and pride of taking possession of your dream home from the buyer are simply unexplainable. However, in some unavoidable circumstances, you might not be able to take possession of your property from the builder. You might have got held up in a family emergency in another city, you might be taking care of something important somewhere else or you might not be in a position to take possession of your property from the builder by visiting in person. This is where Housewise, India’s fastest-growing property management company, comes in. If you are not in Ahmedabad and want to take possession of your property in Ahmedabad from a builder, we can help you.
- Possession services provided by Housewise:
- How do we do this?
- What do we inspect while we take possession of your property from a builder in Ahmedabad if you are not in Ahmedabad?
- Still not convinced?
Possession services provided by Housewise:
- Preliminary Inspection of property in terms of completion of the work. Identifying defect points or incomplete areas
- Submission of defect list to Builder (through Owner)
- Chasing with Builder for completion as per the pending list
- Periodic supervision of work
- Final inspection of the property
- Clearance for possession
- Assistance in Possession formality
How do we do this?
- After the owner or concerned party contacts us through our web portal- housewise.in we collect all the required details and, once the contract is signed, we send a confirmation mail to the owner.
- A Housewise representative contacts the builder and submits the proof of contract /agreement to take possession of the property on the owner’s behalf. This ensures a smooth handover and avoids any issues at later stages.
- Once this process goes smoothly, we visit the property and thoroughly inspect the property in terms of completion of the work and necessary original documents. This way, we can identify any defect points or incomplete areas.
- If we find any such issues, we submit the defect list to the builder through the owner.
- We follow this process until the builder resolves the issues as per the submitted pending list.
- We also perform periodic supervision of work and after all the issues are resolved, we do a final inspection on the property.
- Once we make sure everything is alright, we take possession of the property on the behalf of the owner.
What do we inspect while we take possession of your property from a builder in Ahmedabad if you are not in Ahmedabad?
Before taking the keys from the builder, we make sure that you have received the original documents and photocopies of all the essential documents from the builder. We also obtain important documents like No Objection Certificate, Encumbrance certificate, Commencement Certificate, Completion Certificate, and all the other documents on your behalf. Our team will thoroughly check the documents.
Features and fittings:
One of the important things we inspect after checking the documents is fitting and features promised to you at the time of booking. These include an electrical switchboard, doorknobs, bathroom fittings, etc. We also make sure that the builder has provided the same brand that he promised you at the time of booking.
You may have been promised by the builders a plethora of amenities such as a swimming pool, clubhouse, gym, or even a golf course at the time of booking. But it may happen that some of these may be delayed, or not in a ‘working’ condition at the time of possession. So, we make sure that these amenities are available as per the agreement.
Switches and plug points:
We ensure that all the sockets, plugs, and bulb holders are in working condition and are connected to the main supply. We check if the main fuse in the house is working properly and all switches and plug points are working. We also check if the miniature circuit breaker (MCB) is of good quality.
Wall paints and cracks:
This is another important thing that we check when we take possession of your property from the builder in Ahmedabad on your behalf. We ensure that all rooms have double coat paint with no visible patches. We also make sure that there are no cracks in the foundation, ceilings, and walls.
Drainage outlets are one of the main areas that you need to check before taking possession of a property. We check all the drainage outlets in your property and make sure that they are working well and not clogged. We also check all the taps and bathroom fittings are in working condition and there are no leakages.
Obtain all sets of keys:
After we thoroughly inspect and complete all the above-mentioned processes, we make sure that all sets of keys to the property are obtained. This includes the set of keys for your property from the maintenance agency too if they have one.
Read More: Complete Pre-possession checklist
Still not convinced?
Housewise operatives stay in constant touch with the owner throughout the whole process of taking possession of your property from a builder in Ahmedabad if you are not in Ahmedabad.
We understand that this is your home and you would want to be 100% sure that you are getting what you were promised by the builders. To give you complete satisfaction in this process, our operatives will be in constant touch with you and will update you on the status of possession regularly. We could also arrange a video call session to show you the property. Our representative would video call you while inspecting the property and you could inspect and enjoy the beauty of your property yourself.
As India’s top property management company, Housewise, can help you deal with all the hassles of property management. Wondering how to take possession of the property from the builder in Ahmedabad if you are not in Ahmedabad? We will get it done. Struggling to maintain your rental property in India while you stay abroad? we can do it for you. Whatever your property management needs are, Housewise is there to help. We provide end-to-end property management services for Non-Residents in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi NCR, and Mumbai. From tenant search, monthly rent collection to repairs and periodic inspections, Housewise manages it all.