What does the format of a rent agreement look like? Why rent agreement format in Maharashtra crucial?
The rent agreement is a legal document that must be signed by both the landlord and the tenant. It includes clauses that state the following:
1. Conditions for renting a property
2. The duration of the agreement
3. restrictions on tenants.
Rent agreements are governed by the state government; hence, the format varies from state to state. The Maharashtra rent agreement format is governed as per the Maharashtra Rent Control Act, 1999.
As per the Maharashtra Government guidelines, the draft is created according to the given sample. There are a few clauses and conditions that you can add, but most clauses are pre-decided.
Things to keep in mind before making are registered rent agreement in Maharashtra.
- The format for online registered rent agreement is pre-defined by government.
- Maharashtra has high stamp duty, therefore be sure to double-check everything to prevent repetition.
- Notarized agreements are void in court in legal disputes.
As a result, it is best to seek professional help and complete your agreement.
If you are looking for expert help, contact Housewise and get your registered rent agreement.
You can download the registered rent agreement in Maharashtra format below.
For the full format in English: Download the Format PDF
For the full format in Marathi: Download the Format PDF