Owning a house is an amazing achievement. It gives a feeling of security and satisfaction to you and your family. The pride of taking possession of your dream home from the buyer is unexplainable. But, in some unavoidable cases, you might not be able to take possession of your property from the builder. Many circumstances arise which make it difficult to take possession like:
- Family emergency in another city
- You might be taking care of something important somewhere else
- You might not be in a position to take possession of your property from the builder by visiting in person
This is where the role of Housewise begins. So, If you are not in Mumbai and want to take possession of your property in Mumbai from a builder, Housewise will help you.
- Housewise provides the following services:
- How do we do this?
- What do we inspect while we take possession of your property from a builder in Mumbai if you are not in Mumbai?
- Are you still thinking? Contact Housewise now!
Housewise provides the following services:
- Preliminary Inspection of property for completion of work
- Identifying defect points or incomplete areas
- Submission of defect list to Builder (through Owner)
- Chasing with Builder for completion as per the pending list
- Periodic supervision of work
- Final inspection of the property
- Clearance for possession
- Help in Possession formality
How do we do this?
- The owner or the concerned party contacts the Housewise team. It is done through the portal given below: https://housewise.in/-
- After this, the Housewise team collects all the required details
- Once the contract is signed, we send a confirmation mail to the owner.
- A Housewise representative then contacts the builder. Followed by that, he submits the proof of agreement to take possession of the property on the owner’s behalf. This ensures a smooth handover and avoids any issues at later stages.
- Once this process is done, we visit the property and inspect the property in a thorough manner. We do this for the completion of work and to find out if we need any necessary original documents. This way, we can identify any defect points or incomplete areas.
- If we find any such issues, we submit the defect list to the builder through the owner.
- We follow this process till the builder resolves the issues. These issues are as per the pending list submitted.
- We also perform periodic supervision of work. After resolving all the issues, we do a final inspection of the property.
- Once we make sure everything is alright, we take possession of the property on the behalf of the owner.
Read More: Is it worth buying a flat in Mumbai now?
What do we inspect while we take possession of your property from a builder in Mumbai if you are not in Mumbai?
Before taking the keys from the builder, we make sure that the owner receives the original documents and photocopies of all the other essential documents from the builder.
We also get the No Objection Certificate, Encumbrance certificate, Commencement Certificate, Completion Certificate, and all the other documents on your behalf. And then, our team will check the documents in a thorough manner.
Fixtures and fittings:
After checking the documents, we ensure to check the fitting and fixtures at the time of booking. We also make sure that the builder has provided the same brand that he promised you at the time of booking.
There are cases where the builder promises to provide amenities at the time of booking. But in certain situations, there might be a delay in providing these amenities. Or the other case may be that some of the amenities are not in working condition at the time of possession. So, we make sure that these amenities are available as mentioned in the agreement.
Switches and plug points:
We ensure that all the sockets, plugs, and bulb holders are in working condition. We also ensure that these are connected to the main supply. We check if the main fuse, switches, and plug points in the house are working properly. We also check if the miniature circuit breaker (MCB) is of good quality.
Wall paints and cracks:
This is another important thing that we check while taking possession on your behalf. We ensure that all rooms have double-coat paint with no visible patches. We also make sure that there are no cracks in the foundation, ceilings, and walls.
Drainage outlets are one of the main areas that you need to check before taking possession of a property. We check all the drainage outlets in your property and make sure that they are working well and not clogged. We also check that all the taps and bathroom fittings are in working condition and there are no leakages.
Get all sets of keys:
Once we inspect and complete all the above-mentioned processes, we get all sets of keys to the property. This includes the set of keys for your property from the maintenance agency too if they have one.
Are you still thinking? Contact Housewise now!
The Housewise operations team stays in constant touch with the owner. The team is in contact throughout the process of taking possession of your property.
We understand the relevance of your home. We know that you would want to be 100% sure that you are getting what you were promised by the builders. That is why Housewise ensures to be in regular contact with you. Our representative arranges a video call session to show you the property. This way, you can inspect and enjoy the beauty of your property yourself.
Being India’s fastest-growing property management company, Housewise provides you with hassle-free services. So, wondering how to take possession of the property from the builder in Mumbai if you are not in Mumbai. We will get it done! Struggling to maintain your rental property in India while you stay abroad? We can do it for you. Whatever your property management needs are, Housewise is there to help. We provide end-to-end property management services for Non-Residents in 10 cities. From tenant search to repairs and periodic inspections, Housewise manages it all.